Some Things Should Never be Invented, or Used!

With all that is going on in the world, I would like to know why sometimes my mind spirals when I see something (it can be anything, it doesn’t matter what).  Sometimes the spiral leads me down a rabbit hole, looking for answers to the most useless questions that pop into my brain.  More often than not, me being me, must find a satisfactory answer to this useless question.  It becomes my quest for useless knowledge to a question that plagues me, one that most people don’t even consider.





What is going on in my brain?!  Honestly, I could be working on solving a real problem or creating something.  Still, instead, I try to figure out things like what happens if you’re caught bringing Kinder Surprise Eggs over the US border.  (You can be fined up to $2,500 per illegal Kinder Egg, in case you’re wondering).

Let me back up a bit.

My siblings, my mom, and I send each other random things through text.  It can be anything, really.

Today’s little tidbit was a picture of a toilet covered in blue, matching, carpeted bathroom accessories with the words “THIS WAS NEVER OKAY.”  Back and forth fly the comments; some including toilet, poop, green-faced, and vomiting emojis.



Here it comes!  Ready for it?!  My brain says, “who invented these ridiculous-looking, germ-infested, pee droplet and poop particle-ladened things anyway?!”  And why did they think it was a good idea?

The questions tap tap at my brain, don’t you think you should figure out who invented these items?  Huh?  Huh?  Don’t ya?  Don’t ya?


So, dooowwwwnnnn the rabbit hole of carpeted bathroom items I went.

Several articles, blog posts, and timelines later, I have no idea who invented these plush, luxury cesspools of germ-infested items.  However, I learned why people thought carpeted bathrooms were a good idea.  The evolution of the toilet.  That there are still people today that not only think carpeted bathrooms are a good idea (hint, they like soft plushy things under their feet, and kids won’t slip if the bathroom is carpeted) but are actually debating over this fact.  There is a plethera of these carpeted sets available for purchase STILL TODAY!  I learned that some people are drawn to rub their hands through the plushy items, ewww.  And something I had never considered before, became blatantly obvious!  Bathrooms are humid and wet!  Humidity and water create moisture!  Moisture breeds mold!  Moisture and carpets don’t mix!  Moldy carpets are an incubator for mold, spores, and fungi!

Now before I go down that track...why I’d never considered moldy carpets before.   I want to point out my sole focus was on bodily waste droplets and particles trapped in those matching shag accessories!  You see, at some point in my life, I saw a Dr. Oz show on poop particles that fly around the bathroom and land on your everyday items.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCCwWY0Cu4 check it out, it's a real thing) I also have sons; I know what happens when boys head to the bathroom, especially when they’re half asleep at night.

Shag, plush carpet and pee dribble/poop particles don’t mix!

Add the whole moist, humid, mold spore, incubating aspect, and I want to vomit!  It’s just gross, disturbing, and so unsanitary!

With my original questions still unanswered, I must consider the options.  I’ve devised the following ideas of who invented these items and why.

A.  Several 70’s carpet salesmen, having a bad fiscal year, got drunk, high, or both and developed this idea in their inebriated state as a way to increase sales.


B.  Some traveling carpet salesman stumbled on a newly wealthy couple and told them that carpeted bathrooms and bathroom items were all the rage!  And only the richest of the wealthy had these items.  From there, it rose through “Keeping up with the Jones”!  Can’t you just hear some woman saying (as she takes a long drag on her Virginia Slim cigarette), “Honestly, Astrid, anyone, and I mean anyone who is anyone, has wall-to-wall shag carpet in their bathroom.”

C.  Some power-hungry, world-dominating, dictator wannabe in some small, nowhere country locks up a brilliant scientist, threatening his family if he doesn’t do as he’s told!  The scientist is instructed to create some innocuous item that every household in the US must have!  Then, once in place, this item will kill off everyone in the home one by one!  No one will be able to figure out what’s killing everyone, and the power-hungry, world-dominating, dictator wannabe will rule the world!

    MWAHAHAHA!!!

    Only, it took so long to kill everyone off with the mold spores and bodily fluid germs that the power-hungry, world-dominating, dictator wannabe died of old age!



And,

D.  Some family was redoing their house and threw out the excess bit of carpet from the job.  Some poor, sweet, spinster women that grew up during the depression couldn’t bear to see the rug go to waste.  So, she snuck over in the middle of the night and took the excess from the trash pile.  Then, she got to work cutting and stitching a beautiful matching shag carpet bathroom set.  She had enough to cover the toilet seat lid, tank, and tank lid, a rug in front of the toilet, and a bath mat.  After the next afternoon tea with her dear friends, she became the talk of the neighborhood.  The sweet spinster woman began combing through carpet store dumpsters at night and created lovely carpet bathroom sets to sell to all her friends and their friends.  From there, she made a carpeted bathroom set empire and ran it like Tupperware and Avon!


     Finally, I would like to share two pictures that left me speechless, but flooded my brain with so many thoughts and questions!


     Is the bathroom in white from a space station?

In the brown bathroom, why is the woman reading a book to the child while the child is in the tub?  Did they choose brown to cover any poop stains?  Why are there modular leather stools in the bathroom?  Why do they have so many towels?!  And in case you didn't notice it, their bathroom is so moist and humid, they are growing moss from the ceiling!

Okay, now that I’ve wasted several hours researching nothing that will actually help me in life that I know of.  And I’ve given you a glimpse into the far recesses of my brain.  I think I will go clean my bathroom because even though I don’t have any carpet anything, we have determined that bathrooms are moist!  Moisture breeds mold!  Mold is bad!  And let’s not forget about the pee dribble/poop particles!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Did Somebody say Date Night? Two "Done for You" date night plans (Quick, Easy, and Frugal)

HELP! The Water is Encircling Me, Pulling Me Down!

Start Your Summer with a Fun Themed Date Night