Is it Happy (HA HA!) Hour, I Need a Laugh!

I’m feeling overwhelmed and frustrated lately.  I have a lot on my plate, and I’m behind on several things.  Not feeling in the mood to write today, I thought, what I would really like to do is plop down in front of TV and watch I Love Lucy or something else that will make me laugh.  Why laughter?  Why not a drama or action/adventure movie?  And is this feeling of need for laughter a physiological need, or just typical feelings of being overwhelmed, not knowing where to start, so I’ll procrastinate a bit longer? 

Fighting the urge, I press on; doing what I know needs to be done.  In the end, I know that I will feel really good once I’ve accomplished something and marked something off my list.  But, the nagging feeling for laughter won’t leave.  Maybe I need both.  And while I’m at it, I probably could use some exercise and some good fuel, instead of the junk I’ve been consuming lately.

What is it about doing the things I should do and need to do that sends me running to bed, where I pull the covers over my head, in hopes that it will all go away?!  I’m no doctor but my guess is that it is a lot of stress!  In this busy society, we all have it.  Some manage it better then others.  I don’t manage it well at all.  I think the way I feel today is an indication that I’m completely overrun right now.

Logically, I’m pretty sure working on one task at a time, marking things off my list systematically, eating good food, exercising vigorously, adding some humor in my life, taking some time to rest, spending some quality time with the Lord and my family would go along way when it comes to stress management.  I just don’t know how to implement all that stuff in my already overrun, busy, life.

I was reminded of this article today, Stress relief from laughter? Yes, no joke .  I haven’t found any extra time to watch a comedy, read the funnies or find a joke, but maybe it’s something I can work toward.  In the mean time I’m putting on some great music and getting back to work!  If I accomplish enough maybe then it will be time for Happy Hour aka comedic re-run time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Your Summer with a Fun Themed Date Night

Did Somebody say Date Night? Two "Done for You" date night plans (Quick, Easy, and Frugal)

Some Things Should Never be Invented, or Used!