Keep Holy the Sabbath

Exodus 20: 9-11

Six days you may labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD, your God. No work may be done then either by you, or your son or daughter, or your male or female slave, or your beast, or by the alien who lives with you.   In six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD has blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

I’m embarrassed to say that I do not keep holy the Sabbath.  My family and I are often guilty of working on Sunday.  My goal in writing this is to help myself be more accountable.  If I’m writing about something, I need to be living it.  So, if I write about keeping holy the Sabbath, I will be more inclined to do it myself.

Eventually, I would like to have a Sunday tradition of having a nice family dinner every week.  I would also like to spend Sunday’s doing some fun, engaging activity with the kids.  Knowing myself, I jump in with both feet; guns blazing and I tend to fail because it was too much to keep up with.  So, today, I’m just going to plan to play a board game with the whole family.  And, I’m going to go to bed early so that I will be refueled for the week ahead.

I hope you are doing something with your family to keep holy the Sabbath and refuel for your week ahead.

Happy and Holy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Somebody say Date Night? Two "Done for You" date night plans (Quick, Easy, and Frugal)

Start Your Summer with a Fun Themed Date Night

HELP! The Water is Encircling Me, Pulling Me Down!